To date, the Chinese manufacturer Xiaomi has already released several smartphones with a built-in fingerprint reader. The biggest problem for users of these devices is how to set up a fingerprint on Xiaomi, since difficulties arise at all stages: from registering data to operating the sensor.
Fingerprint Recording and Control Algorithm
Let’s see how to configure the built-in fingerprint scanner, and Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro will serve as an example. We assume that a phone with global firmware was purchased, which means with high-quality Russian localization.
On a clean device (out of the box) scans are added as follows:
- Going to the "Settings" menu, select the "Lock screen and fingerprint" section.
- Then select the topmost menu item.
- In the new window, click "Select Password" to set an alternative way to unlock the device, which you can not do without. If the fingerprint scanner on Xiaomi fails, you can always unlock the device with a graphic key, digital code or password.
- After the protective function is activated, the system will prompt the user to add the first scan. To do this, you will need to act in accordance with the orders of the setup wizard. By standard, you have to put your finger on the sensor several times. For better rendering, you can set your finger in various ways by turning it relative to the sensor.
- Then the phone will return to the previous menu, where it will be possible to select the item “Add fingerprint” and, having entered the protective combination, repeat the steps from point 4.
- But after the first fulfillment of the conditions of paragraph 4, you can lock the device and release the lock with a scanner.
If desired, you can delete the failed image (if it does not work). Again, it’s worth opening the menu through which data was added. Then click on the desired name: according to the standard "fingerprint 1, 2, 3, ". The window that opens will contain a window where you can change the name of a particular finger scan, and the Delete button will be located below.
Buying Xiaomi Redmi 3s to learn how to set up a fingerprint is not enough, because there are a number of shortcomings. There are two main options: the scanner function is buggy, or it does not work at all.
First of all, you can check the guesses about incorrectness in the following ways:
- lock and unlock the screen using an alternative code / password / key;
- reboot the device;
- overwrite scans (if the device vibrates at any touch, reporting an unfamiliar fingerprint);
- in extreme cases, you can reset or reflash the smartphone, but the instructions for this procedure require a separate review.
If the problem remains and the scanner does not work due to its technical inoperability, then only the service center employees will provide assistance.
The nuances of work
As practice on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro has shown, the fingerprint scanner may periodically function incorrectly for a number of reasons:
- the finger is smeared, wet or damaged;
- on the surface of the scanner is dust, solid particles, or other objects partially or completely blocking the contact of the finger with the device.
In this regard, it is recommended to set up the device with clean and dry hands, as well as take care of a clean working surface for laying the smartphone.
Sometimes it is not possible to delete the recorded data unless you first change the language to English. Only after changing the language is it possible to clear the records by disabling the lock and, returning to Russian, record new fingerprints.
Finally, some users are afraid to record fingerprints, because they are not sufficiently aware of exactly where such an important part of the biometric data of their body is stored. It is worth assuring everyone that information about the "fingers" of the smartphone owner is contained on the processor chip and nowhere else. Therefore, you can not be afraid that when you synchronize with cloud storage and when you connect to the Internet, such important data will get to outsiders.
The described sensor is an interesting and useful innovation. By embedding such functionality, any manufacturer makes the operation of their devices more simplified, and also increases the reliability of protecting personal data of the user.