You can play videos on iPhone. Let these devices not have such a large screen as a modern TV. But they are great for watching movies on the way to work, in line, at a boring event. And, in general, in any place where you can get a phone. But transferring a media file to a gadget is so simple. It will not work with it, as with other drives. Understand how to upload video from your computer to iPhone, in what format it should be, and which programs are best used for converting.
There are several ways to transfer video from PC to iPhone
Table of Contents
iPhone cannot read videos with the AVI extension. If you downloaded just such a movie, the Apple device will not open it. It only plays MP4, M4V and MOV with the h.264 codec. Here’s how to view video information:
- Click on it with the right mouse button.
- In the context menu, select "Properties".
- The line “File type” indicates the extension.
- Click on the “Details” tab to see other characteristics: bitrate, stream speed, frame rate, picture size.
Most films are distributed in AVI. Although there is a movie in FLV, MKV, 3GP, VOD, OGG. Therefore, before transferring the video from the computer to the iPhone, you must convert the file to a suitable format. This can be done using the following programs:
- Any Video Converter (AVC). A convenient utility. just specify on which device the movie will be played, and it will set the necessary settings.
Any Video Konverter
- Format Factory. You can even convert a DVD. Recovers damaged media files. This is an online service. With it you do not need to install or run anything from a computer. On the main page there is immediately an option “MP4” with the necessary parameters. But you can download a maximum of 20 MB for free.
- Freemake Video Converter. Allows you to not only convert, but also edit videos: cut and merge fragments, rotate, create slide shows.
Freemake video converter
Just changing the extension is not enough. Characteristics will remain the same. And the iPhone will not be able to recognize it. Therefore, it is better to use a converter.
Different programs have different settings and interface. But no special knowledge is needed. Just set the following settings:
- Format: MP
- Video codec (Video Encoder): h.264.
- The rest can change what you want, or leave as is.
If you want to do without conversion, download from the App Store any player that recognizes the files you need (for example, GPlayer). After that, you can figure out how to transfer the video from the computer to the iPhone. There are several ways to do this.
To download videos to iPhone, you need a special program. iTunes:
- Download it from the official Apple website and install.
- Connect the gadget to the PC using the USB cable. The wire should be included.
iTunes on the computer
- Wait for the system to detect the presence of a new device.
- Unlock iPhone.
- If the notification “Do you allow this device access to videos and photos?” Or “Do you trust this computer?” Appears, confirm that you trust and allow.
- Open iTunes on PC.
- Go to the File menu.
- Select "Add a new file to your library."
- Specify the path to the video.
- It will appear in the Video section of iTunes on the Home tab. To open it, click on the drop-down list in the upper left.
- In the library, right-click on the clip.
- Select “Add to device” and then “iPhone”.
- You can insert a movie into the music library using the mouse. Just drag it from the folder to the iTunes window.
To throw the video on the Apple gadget, you must enable synchronization.
- Go to the review of the device. To do this, click on his name in the list of connected iTunes devices. Or click on the phone icon in the upper left.
- Open Settings. Movies.
- Check the “Synchronize” checkbox and apply the changes.
- In the device overview, click on the "Sync" button. She is on the bottom right.
- The video will appear on the iPhone in the "Video" menu ("Home" section).
To transfer a video over Wi-Fi:
- Connect the gadget to the PC. Subsequently, you can transfer files without connecting to USB. But for the initial setup, you need a cable.
- Open iTunes.
- Go to the review of the device.
- Scroll down the page.
- Check the option “Sync over Wi-Fi”.
- Click Apply.
After that, you can download the media file from the computer to the iPhone wirelessly (if the devices are on the same network). For this:
- Go to the gadget settings.
- Section "Basic".
- The item "Synchronization via Wi-Fi".
Sync with iTunes
- Button "Sync".
Everything in the iTunes library will be copied to the device’s memory. You can add new clips to it, even if the phone is far away.
If you don’t want to select one shortcut and copy the movie collection right away, in the File menu, click Add Folder. And specify the directory with the media. They will be automatically copied to the iPhone at each synchronization.
iCloud is Apple’s online storage. If you put a video in it, it will be available on all your devices that are connected to the Internet. You only need a username and password from the account. They must match the user data specified in the iPhone settings.
Here’s how to upload video to iPhone from PC:
- Install iCloud on your computer. It is on the official Apple website.
- Run it.
- Click “Account”.
- Enter the data from your Apple account and confirm.
- Check the "Photos" item.
- Click on the “Options” button next to it.
- Check the box "Unload from my PC."
- To use a different folder, click "Edit" and specify the path to the directory.
- Click Finish and Apply.
- Go to My Computer.
- ICloud appeared there. Open it.
- To drop something from a PC to an iPhone, move the file to the “Uploads” folder.
- Go to icloud.com.
- Enter your Apple ID and password.
- Click on the iCloud Drive icon. Cloud storage opens.
- Use the button with "" (plus) to add a new folder. For example, "Video" or "My action movies."
- Click on the cloud icon with an up arrow to upload a new file to the vault. Indicate the path to it.
- Or drag the movie directly from the folder to the browser window.
- Download time depends on your provider and tariff.
- The movie will appear in iCloud Drive on your iPhone.
- If this program is not available, it can be downloaded from the AppStore.
- If this is your first time adding content to iCloud storage, the gadget will display the message “Do iCloud Drive app be added to the Home panel?”. Confirm.
Here are more options on how to download video to iPhone:
- Post office. Send yourself an email with an attachment. And open it on the device.
- File hosting and online storage. For example, Dropbox or Yandex.Disk. This is the same as iCloud, but not only for Apple devices.
- Messengers with the function of sending files.
- Video hosting Upload the video to YouTube or Rutube and watch on iPhone. Or find in the App Store an application that captures media from a browser.
- Social networks. For example, VKontakte can upload a video.
With Apple gadgets, it’s not so easy to transfer files. Special programs are needed. But you can still watch your favorite movie on your iPhone.